Providing Penn State students with an immersive experience in urban sustainability
City Semester Pittsburgh is a unique learning experience for Penn State students of all majors and backgrounds who would like spend a semester learning about Pittsburgh’s urban dynamics. While participating in the program, students will intern with a prominent community partner and take an engaging online course in sustainability. Students will further explore real-world issues in climate action, architectural design, clean energy, landscape architecture, urban equality, education, and more.
If you are considering Pittsburgh as an option after graduation, City Semester Pittsburgh offers valuable work experience and can help you build a professional network within the inner circles of those reshaping Pittsburgh’s future today.
Spring 2022 dates and deadlines
- Early deadline for priority placement: Friday, October 15
- Final application deadline: Friday, October 29
- Students matched with partners: Friday, December 10
- Classes and program begin: Monday, January 10
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program Details - What to expect as a Penn State student participating in the City Semester program.
- Student Spotlight - Learn more about actual student experiences during the City Semester program.
- Become a Community Partner - Information for Pittsburgh businesses and organizations to partner with the City Semester program.