Providing Penn State students with an immersive experience in urban sustainability
City Semester Pittsburgh is a unique learning experience for Penn State students of all majors and backgrounds who would like spend a semester learning about Pittsburgh’s urban dynamics. While participating in the program, students will intern with a prominent community partner and take an engaging online course in sustainability. Students will further explore real-world issues in climate action, architectural design, clean energy, landscape architecture, urban equality, education, and more.
If you are considering Pittsburgh as an option after graduation, City Semester Pittsburgh offers valuable work experience and can help you build a professional network within the inner circles of those reshaping Pittsburgh’s future today.
Summer 2022 dates and deadlines
- Early deadline for priority placement: Friday, March 4
- Final application deadline: Friday, March 18
- Students matched with partners: Friday, April 22
- Classes and program begin: Monday, May 16
Fall 2022 dates and deadlines
- Early deadline for priority placement: Friday, March 25
- Final application deadline: Friday, April 8
- Students matched with partners: Friday, May 6
- Classes and program begin: Monday, August 22
Contact us at email@example.com.