The City Semester Pittsburgh program is an immersive experience for Penn State students to live and learn in a dynamic city. Students in the program are placed with a community partner for an internship, joining other program cohorts for a 400-level course in urban sustainability, and building a professional network in the community. Following are our top-10 reasons we think Penn State students would benefit from participating in the City Semester Pittsburgh program.
As a City Semester student, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Complete an engaging internship with a prominent business partner in the region to make a tangible impact on the community
- Broaden your education experience by learning from leaders and experts in urban sustainability
- Live in and explore downtown Pittsburgh — one of the most livable cities in the United States
- Advance your career goals and experience life as a professional
- Attend field trips to some of the greenest buildings in the world
- Connect with a new network of professionals within the inner circles of those reshaping Pittsburgh’s future
- Immerse yourself in real-life projects in sustainability and resiliency
- Gain study abroad experience closer to home that can better align with your schedule
- Interact with Penn State students in other disciplines who have goals similar to yours
- Get an experience unlike any other at Penn State!
To learn more about City Semester Pittsburgh and apply, visit the City Semester Pittsburgh website.