As Pennsylvania's only land-grant university, Penn State is charged with education, research, and public service for the benefit of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
With that charge in mind, Penn State is relocating to the EIC to further expand our capabilities to make the Greater Pittsburgh area an exceptional place to live, grow, and succeed. In this cutting-edge facility, the Penn State Center is better equipped to offer individuals, communities, businesses, and students many unique, relevant learning opportunities.
Through partnerships and collaboration, we facilitate solutions-oriented research, learning, and knowledge application toward informed decision making to address critical issues in the metropolitan area. The Penn State Center has helped initiate nearly 25 improvement projects, and we invite you to join us as we:
Strengthening Communities and Families
- Delivering community-based adult education where you live
- Giving residents local access to Penn State degrees and certifications
- Involving Penn State faculty and students in issues relevant to local communities
Creating a Bridge to Success for Pittsburgh Leaders
- Providing research-based information to local government, community organizers, and corporate leaders
- Partnering with academic institutions to further Pittsburgh's development as a progressive city
Supporting Businesses and Corporations
- Sharing the most recent knowledge, technologies, and manufacturing methods
- Offering resources to help businesses succeed and create jobs, emphasizing green jobs
- Developing and retaining Pennsylvania's highest-quality workforce
- Furthering research and development to discover better products and processes